Participants will learn the different symbols and terms that are used in drawings and specifications. Participants will analyze parts and drawings to determine if items are within the specs identified during product development and production.
- General tolerancing—tolerance, limits, specified dimension, maximum material condition, least material condition, extreme form variation, clearance fit, allowance, interference fit.
- Symbols and terms—geometric characteristic symbols, material condition symbols, datum feature symbol, feature control frame, basic dimension symbol, dimensioning symbols.
- Datums—datum feature symbol presentation, datum features, high point contact, datum reference frame, datum axis, partial datums, datum center plane.
- Material condition and material boundary symbols—maximum material condition and maximum material boundary, regardless of feature size and regardless of material boundary, least material condition and least material boundary, applications.
- Geometric characteristics—straightness, flatness, circularity, cylindricity, profile, parallelism, perpendicularity, angularity, runout, combination of geometric characteristics.
- Positional tolerancing—conventional tolerancing vs. positional tolerancing, floating fasteners, fixed fasteners, location of multiple features, positional tolerance at MMC, zero positional tolerance, virtual condition, projected tolerance zone, composite positional tolerance, two single-segment feature control frame, concentricity, symmetry.
Dates: June 7, 14, 21 & 28
Time: 8:00 am -12:00 pm
Total of 16 hours
Deadline to register: May 31, 2017