Please note – information on this page is for informational purposes and should not be regarded as legal counsel. Samples, services and products have not been endorsed on vetted by EA . Every organization has unique circumstances and use parameters and should vet for their own use and consult legal counsel as warranted.
Email questions to email@example.com
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) effective 4/1
Most useful tool in navigating FFCRA is the DOL’s Questions and Answers document – addresses critical questions, such as how an employer must count the number of their employees to determine coverage; how small businesses can obtain an exemption; how to count hours for part-time employees; and how to calculate the wages employees are entitled to under this law.
Sample Forms for FFCRA:
- Emergency PAID SICK LEAVE FORM per new IRS guidelines
- Updated Sample Emergency FMLA FORM
- Emergency Paid Leave Absence Tracking Worksheet_
- Emergency Paid Sick Leave Under Families First Coronavirus Response Act Policy for Exempt draft
- Emergency Paid Sick Leave Request Form Final
- Emergency Family and Medical Leave Policy draft
- Expanded FMLA Form (FFCRA) draft 4.17.20
Our Partner Law Firm’s Resource Pages
They include updated guidance, Q&A per scenarios and live and recorded webinars
Links to resources posted May – July
- MIOSHA Penalties and Enforcement Scheme in Governor’s Executive Orders Are Invalidated – Read More from Miller Johnson
- IRS Releases COVID-19 Relief and Other Guidance on Mid-Year Changes to Safe Harbor Plans – Read More from Waner Norcross & Judd
- UIA Returning to Work and Refusal of Work for Unemployment Compensation Letter
- Link to report UIA fraud
- UIA Fraud Sample Letter to Employees
- In an effort to help reopening businesses safely reengage in the economy, the MI Symptoms Web Application is a cost-free way for employers to comply with Executive Order 2020-97 and implement a COVID-19 symptoms screening questionnaire for employees. Read full press release.
MIOSHA Launched New Site for COVID-19 Workplace Safety
In an effort to centralize critical workplace safety guidance amidst several sectors of Michigan’s economy reopening, MIOSHA launched a new online COVID-19 Workplace Safety site – Michigan.gov/COVIDWorkplaceSafety – to provide guidance and a toolkit of resources to keep workplaces safe as sectors of the state’s economy reopen.
With the continued risk of COVID-19 spread, everyone in the workplace must take necessary precautions. The site includes MIOSHA issued guidelines, posters for employees and customers, factsheets, educational videos and a reopening checklist – all of which will help businesses safely reopen their doors.
- Research laboratories
- Restaurants and bars
- Outpatient healthcare
The site also provides guidance on how employers create and make available to employees and customers, a written exposure control plan which includes exposure determination and outlines measures that will be taken to prevent employee exposure to COVID-19.
Those with questions regarding workplace safety and health may contact MIOSHA using the new hotline at 855-SAFEC19 (855-723-3219).
To report health and safety concerns in the workplace, go to michigan.gov/MIOSHAcomplaint.
- COVID-19 Exposure
- COVID-19 Employee Quick Reference
- Guide to COVID-19 Screening
- COVID-19 Screening Form
- COVID Travel Policy
- EO 2020-59’s “Face Covering” Requirement and What That Means for Michigan Employers
- PPE Supplier List; For a list of local PPE suppliers please visit
- CDC Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- OSHA’s Risk Pyramid for analysis
- Preparing for Pandemic – a checklist from Harvard Business Review (scroll down article)
- OSHA Release Guidance on Recording COVID Cases
Sample plans from members:
Please note – information on this page and particularly in this section has been shared by others; it has not been endorsed or vetted by EA for use. This is for informational purposes and should not be regarded as legal counsel. Every organization has unique circumstances and use parameters and should vet for their own use and and consult with legal counsel when warranted.
Some have begun using an a symptom checker app from the State of Michigan – click here
TRC from 5/8 call uses the following Thermometers IR Thermometer and iHealth PT3
Suggested brands for temperature screening;
- TRC from 5/8 call uses the following Thermometers IR Thermometer and iHealth PT3,
- Jumper Thermal Scanner -recommended many sources on internet.
Interested in outsourcing employee screenings and temperatures – Axios is offering services click here
EA Members-Only Slack Channel to talk with other HR professionals
We have set up a Slack Channel for our HR members-only to participate in. Below is an invitation link when asked to sign-up you create your own login/password. We hope these will run efficiently and not obtrusively. We expect the same respect for one another as in regular Roundtables and the understanding that the nature of these conversations are in general confidential. Please feel free to post questions and share sample PDFs. If you prefer you may email me a question to post in the group(s). Please bear with me, I started this job in in the early 90s and it was NOT required to be technology savvy J. I have posted a question or so to get us started.
Scroll to bottom of page to see recaps of weekly Roundtable Zoom meetings
Business Guidance and Resources (most recent at top)
- Unemployment (UIA) offers videos on how to file a claim
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Unemployment by State
- CARES Act Good Guide and Checklist from the US Chamber
- EEOC webinar on the pandemic and ADA and publication on ADA & Pandemic and EEOC Pandemic Preparedness
- Pure Michigan Business Connect offering virtual, statewide matchmaking platform for suppliers, buyers providing critical response to COVID-19
- COVID-19 Volunteering in Michigan
- The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN)
- Sharing H-1B Health Care Providers in Time of Crisis
- Click here to receive updates from Michigan Governor
- Lighthouse Group Resource Page
- MERCY HEALTH resource for employees
- A CEO Coronavirus Action Plan from Bain
- Ultimate Guide to Remote Work from Zapier
- COVID Decision Matrix for exposure and symptoms
- Productive Virtual Meeting Recommendations
- Organizations Considering Policy Changes
- DOL- FLSA Guidance
- Sample Pandemic Policy https://www.thinkhr.com/hrhotline/alerts/Sample%20Model%20Pandemic%20Flu%20Policy.pdf
- FEMA Planning tool for operations continuity https://www.fema.gov/media-library-data/1396880633531-35405f61d483668155492a7cccd1600b/Pandemic_Influenza_Template.pdf
Shared Resources from Members:
Recap from 7/16 Roundtable
Recap from 6/25 Roundtable
Click below to play the recording of the conversation – approx 60 min.
Recap from 6/11 Roundtable
Click below to play the recording of the conversation on 6/11 – approx 45 min.
Recap from 6/4 Roundtable
Click below to play the recording of the conversation on 6/4 – approx 1 hour.
Recap from 5/28 Roundtable
Click below to play the recording of the conversation on 5/28 – approx 1 hour.
Recap from 5/21 Roundtable
Click below to play the recording of the conversation on 5/21 – approx 1 hour.
Recap from 5/14 Roundtable
Click below to play the recording of the conversation on 5/14 – approx 1 hour.